Thursday, January 1, 2015

Major Updates!

Hiiiiiiiiiii. It's been months, yes? Sorry about that. (As if there's anyone reading to say sorry to, lol.)

Have been meaning to update you for ages but certain life events that happened the past few months have dampened and prevented me from doing so. It has been a roller-coaster of life-changing ups and downs, but now I think the curve's coming round to a stretch. I've found my footing now and it's time for you to be in the loop.

This post, by the way, is aimed to friends who want to know what's been going on for the past few months or so. (Why not family? Well, they're already in on it thanks to our family Whatsapp group which by the way is very vibrant). So for those who are clueless, what happened more than a month ago?


I uprooted myself from comfy Malaysia to the little, quaint city of Bath, UK.

Me, who only ever flew on a plane to Singapore. Which gives me a running total flight time of 45 minutes x 2.

I flew out to bustling country of England. 13,000+ kilometers. 14+ hours. With a crying toddler in front of me.

But hey, I made it! Not only that, I also survived Freshers' Week (not that I did anything as much as the others).

Thoughts?

Definitely have had some Expectation vs Reality clashes here and there, but all in all I feel very contented and blessed to be where I am now. 


I love the historic look of the city; cobbled stones and all. I like how there's so much history contained here - in the people who lived in this place long ago, the cultures which influenced the architecture.. the list goes on. I like how there's a slight crowd during the weekends but never enough to make you feel claustrophobic. Some people feed off the buzz of bustling London. Similarly, I thrive on the quiet, more muted hum of Bath.











Goodbye for now,


Cheryl


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...